Are you curious about the Kayla Itsines BBG workout?
Do you wonder how Kayla organizes her “Bikini Body Guide” routines to help women get in shape as quickly as possible?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
In this comprehensive guide, I will show you how to use the Kayla Itsines BBG workout to take your physique to the next level!
Kayla Itsines is one of the most popular fitness influencers in the world today.
She is famous for her “Bikini Body Guide” workout programs, where she helps everyday women tone their bodies and achieve the lean, feminine look that so many girls are training for!
Of course, Kayla is also famous for her fit body.
Her lean, toned physique has helped her blow up on social media and become recognized all over the world!
Kayla Itsines Stats
- Date Of Birth: May 21st, 1991
- Height: 5 Feet 5 Inches
- Weight: 125 Pounds
- Bust: 34 Inches
- Waist: 24 Inches
- Hips: 34 Inches
View this post on Instagram(Video) Kayla Itsines Workout | No Kit Full Body Beginner Session
So what do Kayla’s BBG, or “Bikini Body Guide” workouts actually look like?
Kayla says that you can build a great physique and get in shape fast with 3 full body workouts per week.
Kayla designs all of her BBG workouts using intense bodyweight exercises like squats, lunges, leg raises, and mountain climbers.
She says these simple, joint-friendly bodyweight movements are all you need to get in great shape fast!
Here is how Kayla likes to organize her workouts during the week:
The Kayla Itsines BBG Workout Schedule
- Day 1: Full Body
- Day 2: Off
- Day 3: Full Body
- Day 4: Off
- Day 5: Full Body
- Day 6: Off
- Day 7: Off
That’s it! You only have to work out three days per week to get in great shape. Of course, Kayla designs some of her BBG workout plans with more than 3 workouts per week. However, this is her “go-to” training split for getting maximum results in the lest amount of time. Here is one of Kayla’s free Bikini Body Guide leg workouts that you can try. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines BBG Leg Workout #1
- Exercise #1: Squats: 30 secs
- Exercise #2: Half burpees: 30 secs
- Exercise #3: Side crunches: 30 secs
- Exercise #4: Bent leg raises: 30 secs
- Exercise #5: Raised leg sit ups : 30 secs
- Exercise #6: Lay down push ups on knees: 30 secs
- Exercise #7: Mountain climbers : 30 secs
- Exercise #8: Reverse lunges: 30 secs
Talk about an intense workout!
For this routine Kayla performs a wide variety of exercises for her legs and abs. She actually splits up this routine into two separate exercise circuit.
For the first circuit you are going to perform 4 exercises in a row with very short rest periods. After you perform the 4th exercise, you rest for 1-2 minutes and then repeat the whole circuit 2 more times!
The second circuit works exactly the same way: you perform 4 exercises together in a circuit, with the goal of performing 3 total sets on each exercise.
This is BY FAR one of Kayla Itsines’ favorite ways to design a BBG workout, as it lets you perform a ton of work in a very short period of time.
Kayla also throws in some very challenging exercises like squats, half burpees, and reverse lunges to make the workout even more intense!
Here is another one of Kayla Itsines’ BBG leg workouts that you can try. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines BBG Leg Workout #2
- Rocking chair to abs: 30 secs
- Standing X crunch: 30 secs
- Exercise #1: Reverse lunge: 30 secs
- Exercise #2: Push-up on knees: 30 secs
- Exercise #3: Ab bicycles: 30 secs
- Exercise #4: Squat and high reach: 30 secs
- Exercise #5: Caterpillar crawl to cross plank: 30 secs
- Exercise #6: Glute bridge: 30 secs
- Hip flexor stretch: 30 secs (15 secs each side)
- Hamstring stretch: 1 min (30 secs each side)
This is another very intense full body workout.
For this routine you are going to perform 2 exercise circuits of 3 exercises each. You are also going to perform specific exercises as part of the warm up and cool down for this routine.
Kayla says that these warm up and cool down exercises are essential for getting the most out of this workout!
As usual Kayla uses a wide variety of challenging bodyweight exercises in this workout. For example, she uses push ups on knees to work your upper body and glute bridges to work your glutes.
Of course, Kayla also likes to include intense ab workouts in her BBG workout programs.
Here is one of Kayla’s free BBG ab workouts that you can try. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines BBG Ab Workout #1
- Exercise #1: Abs to child’s pose, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #2: Thoracic rotation, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #3: Hip flexor, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #4: Jumping jacks, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #5: Side plank, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #6: Plank jacks, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #7: Bent-leg jackknife, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #8: Criss cross, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #9: Straight leg raise, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #10: X Mountain climbers, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #11: Russian twist, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #12: Half burpee and plank jack, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #13: Alternating X crunch, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #14: High plank, 1 sets of 10-15 reps
Talk about an intense workout!
For this routine Kayla performs a total of 14 different exercise variations. She says that you should perform 1 hard set for each exercise, and then immediately move onto the next one.
By the end of the routine your abs should be on fire!
During the workout Kayla uses a wide variety of exercises to target your abs and core, including side planks, bent-leg jackknifes, straight leg raises, X mountain climbers, and alternating X crunches.
It’s no wonder Kayla is able to maintain her six pack abs year-round!
If that BBG ab workout is too intense for you, then you can always try one of Kayla’s easier ab routines. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines BBG Ab Workout #2
- Exercise #1: Planks, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #2: Mountain climbers, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #3: Side plank and hip lift, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #4: Deadbug, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #5: Bent leg jackknife, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #6: Russian twist, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
This is a much easier version of the previous routine.
For this BBG ab workout you are going to perform a total of 6 different exercises. Because of the reduced number of exercises, Kayla says you can perform a total of 3 sets on each exercise, rather than just 1.
Kayla does a good job of incorporating new and challenging ab exercises in this routine like deadbugs and Russian twists.
If you are looking for a fast but challenging bikini body ab workout, then this one has your name written all over it!
View this post on Instagram
Conclusion | The Kayla Itsines BBG Workout!
Kayla Itsines is one of the most popular fitness trainers in the world today, and it’s easy to see why.
She designs her BBG workout programs to make it as easy as possible for the average girl to get in shape as quickly as possible.
She accomplishes this using simple but challenging bodyweight workouts that you can perform from the comfort of your own home!
If you are looking for a new workout plan to help you finally get the beach body you’ve always wanted, then you have to give Kayla Itsines’ BBG workouts a shot.
They may be just what you need to take your physique to the next level!